Are you self-conscious about your smile? Do you feel like you have a “gummy” grin? Do you worry about receding gums? If the appearance of your gums bothers you or you worry about how quickly they are receding, gum contouring or grafting can help. Here are 5 reasons to consider a gum procedure from Dr. Samuel Jirik.
- A gum procedure can help with whatever your gum issue is. There are two different procedures that can alter how your gums look: gum contouring can help with gums that cover too much of the teeth, and gum grafting can help with gums that don’t cover enough. These problems may be caused by genetics, certain medications, or even health issues – but whatever the reasons for your gum problems, there is a procedure that can help.
- Gum contouring is virtually painless. Not long ago, gum procedures involved use of the scalpel, but nowadays lasers are used, greatly limiting the pain.
- The recovery time is quick and there are no side effects. This is because use of a laser during gum contouring means less bleeding, as the gums are cauterized as they are removed. This also helps to reduce the amount of discomfort during and after.
- It can change your smile. If you are unhappy with how your gums look, it can be difficult to smile confidently. Adjusting a patient’s gum line can also help a restoration, such as a veneer or a crown, to fit better. A gum procedure can help you to have the healthy smile you’ve always wanted!
- It can help your dental health. Having the right amount of gums doesn’t just help your smile and your self-confidence. In a gum grafting procedure, tissue is taken from your mouth’s palate and grafted where it is needed, which will decrease the sensitivity of your teeth and reduce your risk of gingivitis.
If you feel like you have too much or too little of a gum line, a gum procedure can help. Call Dr. Samuel Jirik’s office in Cabot, Arkansas, for a consultation. Call (501) 476-7955 to make an appointment today!